Friday, September 30, 2016

The Brightness in the Darkness of Everything

I’ve talked about things that fly around in my head when my mind is not occupied with school, community or duties. It is in these moments that I tell myself to take a deep breath and reflect on myself. This is my moment. My moment to see my myself. A moment where I
from my flickr account1
am self-
full, not selfless. This may sound selfish, but trust me, we all need it once in awhile. When we’re down. When we’re lonely. When we feel lost and confused and the ocean waves seem only to be pushing you to shore. So I’ve composed a poem which I think illustrates the light in dark situations.

The Brightness in the Darkness of Everything
Ava Long

You know, people say,
“The grass is always greener on the other side”

I think this well reputed maxim
Is quite

E–X–A–G–E–R–A–T–E–D.
…because what if there was no “other side”?

So in reality,
We must learn to make the most
Of what we are given.
If we are short,
It would be wise to wear stilettos.
If we fail our next assessment,
It would be wise to comprehend
that we learned something.
If we are simply too t––––i––––r–––––e–––––d
To get out of bed,
Because life
Is too vapid,
It would be wise
to challenge ourselves.
If we feel the W
O
   R
      L
        D
Is ENDING,
And we can’t do anything well
With what we are given,
Have faith
That there is a
Brightness in the darkness of everything


No comments:

Post a Comment