Sunday, December 6, 2015

"It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light." Aristotle Onassis

Days have passed since I have posted on my blog. I have not felt an inspiration. I have not encountered a story to be told. I have not felt much pain, (with an exception for the humongous load of homework, piled after Thanksgiving break.) If I were to reveal one fact about myself, I would tell of my reliance on inspiration.
So I chased after inspiration. I am often advised not to chase after things desired, however I imminently felt the vacancy within my purpose of life. I've found a quote. This is my weekly inspiration.

"It is during our darkest moments that me must focus to see the light." –Aristotle Onassis.

Aristotle Onassis was a Greek businessman. Born in 1906, he owned one of world’s largest, private-owned shipping fleet, making millions of dollars. His quote suggests that success is partially obtained by having a positive outlook. It can shape an ordinary life into something extraordinary. Positivity can be defined as viewing a negative impacts’ productive side. During a difficult time in one’s life, it is important to remain internally strong. We are all humans, and setbacks are a natural part of life. I believe that a life is never lived without an infinite number of setbacks. Throughout this journey, everyone will fall into a pit. Everyone will feel like withering. Even through all these troubles, one’s recovery state is most valued. If I had known this conception prior to my science quiz, maybe I would not have let it destruct my state of mind.

The last question of the science quiz. A monkey holding a beam with his two outstretched arms dangling in the air is demonstrating which force? Rope tension. I stopped in my tracks. Was it rope tension. On a recent homework assignment I had seen a similar question. My mind quivered, my fingers twitched. I felt every anxious muscle within me freeze. I answered applied force. It looked correct. The monkey was pulling on the bar, by definition applied force. Turning in my quiz, and meticulous thinking, I knew rope tension was the correct answer. My mind wanted to rebuff this answer. I could not focus on anything for the rest of the day. The ground felt like it was slipping beneath my feet. I had hoped to get a 20/20. This mistake buried me deep inside a black pit, sending an invisible misty, black fog in front of my eyes. It created a capricious path for me in the following hours. It temporarily hindered my outlook in life.

three days later…

Now that I am able to "see the light" of the setback: It will be difficult to make the same mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment