Friday, December 9, 2016

Passwords

What annoys you the most? What frustrates you the most? What’s your pet peeve. For me, it’s either reading long emails that have no visible paragraph breaks, or remembering passwords.


Recently, my need for more accounts has emerged. In a way, this is another aspect of my Revolution and part of maturing and growing up. It seems as if every website needs its own account. School email, Google accounts, device login, sports locker passcodes, online language textbooks, infographic makers, bank accounts [obviously:)]. It’s a downside to the world where technology rules. Over the previous few months, I’ve needed to create multiple accounts at once, and now, I’m stuck with multiple passwords to remember.

My parents use SplashID to remember their passwords, which is smart, since the only password you need to remember is your device login and your SplashID password. That’s two passwords to remember. Reasonable.

Over the summer, my dad installed the SplashID app on my computer. We set up an account, I created a username, a password and I explored the app and its functions. My dad told me to log out of the app and try logging again. I was positive that I had remembered my password to this password remembering software, but apparently I was wrong. Somehow the password I had created several minutes ago had been forgotten and I was unable to log in again.

This aggravated my dad. How could I not remember the password I had set merely minutes ago? My dad deleted the SplashID software he’d just installed and reinstalled it again. However, when he tried to reinstall it onto my account, the formatting was incorrect and the functions weren’t complete, which was quite peculiar. We spent an hour trying to help me remember all my passwords. An hour later, I still could not remember my passwords.



No comments:

Post a Comment