Sunday, December 11, 2016

20 Minutes

Winter break is approaching slowly. The mindset of most people at school is just five more days! Push through it! As I approach winter break, I see it as a time to reflect upon the year thus far.  For me, I’m reflecting upon the importance of time management and how it is vital to my success. Certainly, this will carry on through high school and for the rest of my life.

20 minutes. It’s no longer just 20 minutes. 20 minutes is the amount of time it takes to complete my foreign language homework. It is ⅔ of the time I spend practicing the piano, or
the time it takes to complete ⅓ of my english homework.

It was only a few years ago, perhaps only sixth grade, or even seventh grade, that I found myself promising to take 20 minute breaks after doing homework for 1.5 hours. I find myself saying this less frequently. In sixth grade, I used to run on my treadmill for 20-30 minutes for a break between different subjects of homework, even if I’d already had athletics that afternoon at school. This no longer happens. My exercise regime is limited to the hour I have at athletics at school.

It scares me how my perception of time continually changes with age. Sometimes, it seems as if time is the only thing stopping me from finishing all my tasks each day. Other times, I feel it keeps me on task. One thing I never feel, is that I have enough. So as winter break continues to encroach, I shall continue to consider 20 minutes and how I can spend it more wisely in 2017.


No comments:

Post a Comment