Thursday, December 14, 2017

Living without inspiration

A banal week.  It was busy, busy, busy, and more busy. This is the last week before break and I had 4 assessments, 1 essay, and 1 discussion to prepare for among 6 courses.  A couple years ago, I wrote about the power of inspiration and how that plays a major role in what my life.  This week, having been bogging down in work, I spent very little time socializing, did not practice the piano every night, skipped dinner twice this week and worked past 11 every night.  It was difficult, and I honestly kept asking myself why am I doing this.  

Bogged down in work, I have found little time to read the WSJ, which I usually do in the morning.  I found little time to talk with my friends and check in.  In my dorm, after final sign-in, I’d go straight to my room, shut the door, and begin working until lights out.  I find little time for inspiration.  I didn’t call my parents like I usually do every night and I didn’t want to waste time listening to music before bed.  I used to believe that I would find inspiration everyday, and I envisioned I would use it to fuel the next day and to motivate me.  I’m realizing that the work load only increases and having to prioritize, I’m going to have to learn to live without inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment