Sunday, October 9, 2016

5 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Be Afraid of Your Tears

In this world, there are tears of joy and there are tears of sorrow, yet regardless, they are tears, which may arouse some benefits. I have previously addressed the therapeutic benefits of crying because I have always been one who lets my tears out when I feel ignored, when I feel
suppressed, when I feel frustrated and all those other feelings. Now, long after my first tear, the benefits of crying are finally coming back to me. Below is an article about why crying can be good for you (if done when necessary) which are derived from some of the benefits I have experienced.

It shows you are aware there is something badgering you. I cannot iterate how many people I encounter who blunder through life never bothering to understand themselves. They tell me, “Hey Ava, I don’t what’s wrong with me.” I reply, “Maybe nothing is wrong you.” They shake their head at me, “No, I know something is up.” Crying typically comes with gloom yet almost consistently leaves a light, for it singles out a problem in your life which you can later rectify. Through my experiences with crying, it almost helps me become aware of exactly what is bothering me and it then, aware of the problem, I am able to tackle it.

It suggests you do not run away from your feelings. Running away from your feeling could means remaining stoic when inside, you clearly aren’t. Crying is an evident sign which suggests you aren’t afraid of your feelings and that you understand it’s okay to be expressive, knowing you [hopefully] have someone who will support you. When I find the courage not to run away from my feelings, and face them instead, I meet more self-awareness along the road.

You benefit by realizing that crying can help you gather yourself. Tears of sorrow are often released with remorse or a feeling of failure. I cry when I feel all over the place. Often times it’s due anger and hurt, yet most of the times, it is caused by being overwhelmed. I’m typically invest time and effort several corners of life [artistically, academically, athletically, musically] yet when each of these separate things demands something infeasibily difficult to attain, I feel no center gravitation, no drive, no impetus. When I finally release those struggling tears, I almost immediately go into a phase where I tell myself what I need to do in order to manage all of the different aspects of my life like piano, tennis and school.   

You understand the stress-relieving factor of crying. Imagine you have a boiling pot of virulent stress and in your chest. Its lava boils and it rumbles and it spits sparks and crackles inside your chest. Obviously, it will not make you feel well, and it will suck life out of your spirit. You need to rid of it as soon as possible. So you cry. And slowly, drop by drop, the lava evaporates, from behind your eyelids, down your cheeks. By the time you dry your face with a kleenex, the lava within your chest may have disappeared.

You recognize we’re human. Being human means making mistakes. There are petty mistakes but there are also big setbacks. Big setbacks sometimes leads us to feel a lack of sanguinity. It sucks out the hope we have left and often produces negative thoughts about life. However, people who aren’t afraid of their tears understand that not everyone has perfect days. They comprehend that humans will always meander through life jumping, dodging or breaking through ocean waves. When one realize that a characteristic of humanity is crying, it is then that you are able to help someone else who is also suffering. It is then that you will support them when they need to break down. You may tell them that it is okay to cry, and hopefully your previous experiences with the benefits of crying will help you bring them to their feet.

Hopefully these reasons have given you some kind of realization that it is okay to express yourself and cry. These are just some of the benefits I have experienced when I cry. Maybe you’ll experience similar or varying traits. So I guess what I'm trying to reiterate here is that it's okay to cry because you don't need to be afraid of your tears.


No comments:

Post a Comment