Monday, July 4, 2016

Admiration

I’ve written many posts circling the topic of improvement. Character development to world progression are all topics I am interested in tackling. But I have failed to mention an asset that I feel is important in progression. Admiration is its name.
Last week, I released the bikes which have been standing alone in the basement for a whole year. These are hybrid bikes. They are heavy. They are gray. And they have thick wheels. But they are still bikes. I rode about 4 times this week on the Minuteman Bike Path
and after months of avoiding the muscles exercised when biking, I felt a reduction in strength and weakness in my legs. I had a hard time kicking and even the slightest uphill felt a million miles to steep. Maybe this was due to the thickness of the wheels and the weight of the bike, yet I continued to observe the adults on racing bikes zoom right past without breaking a sweat. All I could hear was a gush of wind struggling to free itself from the motion of the wheels rotation and the faint smell of sweat. I must have been traveling at the speed of someone who hadn’t ever ridden a bike. Every single uphill and even the flat surfaces seemed too steep. My legs ached on the hills, feeling numb and exemplifying jello. Overtime my stamina would improve, yet imagine doing these slopes each day in order to go to work! I admire those who bike to work everyday.

I admire business entrepreneurs. Especially Jeff Bezos:)

I admire those who are gifted with storytelling.

I admire people who have ran marathons.

I admire fashion designers who aren’t afraid to challenge originality.
Alexander McQueen dress


I admire those who inspire and live life to its utmost possibility.









Departing Question: Who do you admire and what you think people admire you for?


No comments:

Post a Comment