Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Everyone Counts

It somehow occurred to me that people do not appreciate what the world has to offer, enough. I think it was today, standing outside, looking at towering tree that perches in my yard that I realized this fact. My dad was observing the woodpeckers relaxing in the branches. Then he told me how interesting this humongous tree was, containing a variety of wildlife. It is a sanctuary for many. I had never paid much heed before, but with some musing, this thought circled back to the thought of appreciation. So I guess this post is another appreciation, but it could also be defined as an awareness.
Firstly, there are the animals. They are contingent to our survival if considered in different perspectives. Birds, bears, wolves, bugs, spiders, cats and even mice are important! Personally, I believe that many people in the United States have been raised to overlook these little creatures of nature. Mice equals pests. But I refute this opinion in some ways. Mice are pests to humans, but what about all that garbage we litter everywhere? Mice almost help clean up our messes by making nests out of papers and cans they find and by eating what we leave in trails behind our lofty feet.
We leave trash in the trails on which we walk upon, but we also have leaders, followers, haters, hubris, and appreciation. If we take a look around our communities, we see unintentional discrimination and haughty attitudes from those perhaps making more profit, of a dominant race etc. However, we are all surrounded by people who live with an intent to make life easier for the busy, the poor and children. Many aren’t recognized enough. In seventh grade English, we listened to a radio essay composed by Sarah Adams on NPR, titled Be Cool to the Pizza Dude. I agree with Sarah’s opinions of equality and empathy, “Coolness to the pizza delivery dude is a practice in honor and it reminds me to honor honest work…Coolness to the pizza delivery dude is a practice in equality.

So here’s the reality: we all live for a purpose, and just like kindness, everyone counts.


No comments:

Post a Comment