Sunday, June 12, 2016

Thank You

The school year has traveled to its termination. Now I sit, reflecting the various subjects I’ve discussed through the tedious, enjoyable, and moving classes. I reflect on the people who deserve recognition for the numerous ways they’ve supported me. I don’t think I write, publish, or thank these people enough for the work they do to ensure maximal success in me.
First, I’d like to thank my parents. They are the backbone of everything that happens in my life. They sincerely value my education and without their support, I would not obtain the knowledge, perspective and values I adhere to on a daily basis. They deal with my passel of complaints, celebrate my joys, and encourage me to strive for more. Thank you.
I’d also like to thank the teachers at school. They are consistently supportive of everyone’s hopes and dreams. They aspire to help us achieve these dreams within and beyond the classroom environment. In retrospect, I can assuredly say I have learned at least one important life lesson from all of my teachers. They are all honest, fair, and responsible people. Thank you.
Middle school is a difficult transition year for many people and I’d like to recognize my advisor for his eager help. Mr. Chang was beyond exceptional. Although he is an extremely knowledgeable man, his talents stretch farther than that horizon. He is a great listener. He is open-minded and he celebrates differences. Mr. Chang has helped me grow in these areas. I think the most important thing Mr. Chang has told me–as a seventh grader who was unfamiliar to the routines and opportunities of middle school, and as an advisee–is that it is okay to ask for help. Since I was younger, almost all of my teachers have commented in my school reports that I struggle to raise my voice to my own benefit. They have also said that I don’t like to make mistakes. Mr. Chang told me at the beginning of the year, “It’s okay to ask for help during E-block. That is essentially what this period is designed for. In fact, I think that often times it is the more successful students who ask for help or check in with their teachers.” This sentence has somehow stuck with me throughout the whole year and I’ve learned that it is nearly impossible to score 100% percent on every assessment, and I have learned that it is okay to ask questions. Thank you.
Next, I’d like to thank all of my friends, inside and outside of school. Every single person in our little “friend” group has some significant impact on group. If one was removed, it would be like removing a color from the rainbow. Sophie, Sam, Abigail, Christina, Veronica, Hagar, Ilsa, Henry, Christian, and Kimia from school and Jackie, Zoe, and Maulik from previous friendships, each of you offers a different talent, energy and idea to our relationship and I genuinely appreciate your contributions. Keep rocking those goals!!!
Finally, I’d like to thank all the readers of this blog. The fact that you spend minutes of your precious day to read my blog really touches me (and is a deposit in our RBA!). Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for reading!

Thanks for the great school year, everybody!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment