Wednesday, November 11, 2020

My cat turns 20!

My cat, Beibei, has been with me since day 1. Seriously. As my parents tell it, when they came home from the hospital with me, she didn't leave my side because she couldn't tell what I was! It shocks me somewhat to think about the life my cat has lived thus far. My cat was 2 years old when I came home. I'm leaving for college next fall and she's still here! She's made it to the twenties before me yet she's spent most of her life observing us, humans. Perhaps this explains her inexplicable intelligence. My family likes to say that "Beibei knows everything". She truly does. For example, when we talk about her in conversations, her tail begins to waver up and down as she picks out her name mid-sentence. Through the ups and downs, she's seen it all in this family. Happy 20th, Beibei. 


One of my favorite pictures of Beibei. She was only 2 years old here!

To celebrate Beibei's 20th, we bought a (human) cake
 


No comments:

Post a Comment