Sunday, January 28, 2018

What one was will never be again

These frozen raindrops will never be again in exactly the same way

"What once was will never be again" -
Israel Milkow

My advisor shared this beautiful quote with me, and I stopped to think about what it meant. I think it brings light upon a balanced life, one that is equally shared by happiness and doldrums. Two weeks, I felt happy. Happy about things I didn't know I could even be happy about. I felt lighter on my feet. This past week has been difficult. I'm been stressed about my art project, which I spent 4 hours on today and still didn't complete, and an upcoming french presentation. I had three assessments on Friday, and I struggled to relax. I was tired this week as well, and I felt overwhelmed at certain points.

But as Milkow says, my good days two weeks ago will "never be again" in exactly the same way, and the way in which this past week was difficult was "never be again" and make me feel exactly the same way. It's a balance. It won't be good forever, and it won't be bad forever. But when it's bad, I need to push through to the good. It's something I'm working to remember.


No comments:

Post a Comment