Sunday, January 21, 2018

Small things bring happiness

This past Thursday, for some reason, I felt very happy.  I felt content.  I felt satisfied.  And I felt as if I’d accomplished something.  I was busy as well on Thursday, walking from class to class, loaded with homework, and meetings.  Nevertheless, even with all the homework and club meeting, I felt happy. 

At dinner, I sat with my friend and I was describing this feeling of content and satisfaction. It was an odd feeling.  I asked myself why I felt so happy and relieved.  It took me some time to pinpoint these reasons; midterms were the following day and I had an essay that was due, and I had yet to practice piano.  I thought and I came up with three things that made me feel happy.  I’d been complimented by my coach from FIT, one of my acquaintances came up to me and confirmed that my club was running today, and I said hi to many people who said hi back in Commons.  


It was the small things that made Thursday pass with the snap of my fingers.  I realized the simple things brought me this happiness, that felt like I was floating on clouds.  Big things can elicit a feeling of joy, but I think it’s the small things when added up, that bring about true happiness.  And since these deeds are so small, I’ll remember to share them with other people each day.  Compliment people, acknowledge their presence, and have random conversations.  These helped me feel content and hopefully I can spread that to someone else.  



No comments:

Post a Comment