Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Summer 2019


It’s been one heck of a summer and it’s definitely been my busiest. 

I’ve been away for the past week in Beijing. My plane landed yesterday afternoon and I just got to school and unpacked this morning. Now that I’ve settled down a little bit, I’ve found some downtime from a busy back-to-back summer schedule. I think the most important thing I’ve learned this summer is how almost everything is a decision. It continues to amaze me how much control we have over how we act, how we perform, and how we produce. Putting in the time and effort while regulating patience goes a long way, particularly in studying. 


While I’ve certainly always had something to do this summer, whether it be studying, planning, or traveling, I lost time to be with myself. I haven’t observed, reflected, and read as much as I would have liked. It still stuns me to think that there will never be another Summer 2019 and that whatever I’ve done will stay forever under the title of Summer 2019. The years seem to fly by without a trace and the times between them are beginning to blur. This morning, my dad and I walked to the car rental shop to pick up a truck for move-in day. For a second I thought I had been in that office quite recently since the arrangement of the chairs and the employees were familiar. Yet when I paused, I remembered that the last time I had been in that office was a year ago. Sitting in the same seat I sat in while waiting made a year old memory feel not so distant and served as a reminder for how quickly time passes even when it’s not on my conscience. 

This summer in 10 words:

London
Paris
Positivity
LaunchX
Studying
Starbucks
Treadmills
Family
Stress
Beijing

While this summer has been particularly busy, it has definitely been a summer I would do over again. The constant agenda and list of to-dos kept me occupied and productive. I’m sitting alone in my room right now and I’m ready to jump into junior year. 

________________________
Some photos from Beijing ;)











No comments:

Post a Comment