Friday, March 16, 2018

Winter Term Personality Test


As promised, after Fall term, I said I would take the 16 Personalities test after each term to see how my character was changing.  At the end of Fall term, I was the “Executive”, or ESTJ.  I retook the test, and I’m still an Executive.  However, one thing has changed.  It is the identity piece to the letters.  The identity piece does not affect what personality I am, however, it shows how confident one is in their decisions.  

One is either Turbulent (T) or Assertive (A) for the identity piece.  According to the 16 Personalities test, “this trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.”  Last term, I was turbulent by 70% and this term I’m assertive by 54%.  I was a bit confused by this at first, so I looked up what this meant.  The turbulent person is one who is prone to stress.  They are very reflective and always strive to do more.  The assertive person is more confident in their actions and less prone to stress.  The assertive believes what’s done is done and cannot be changed.  

While I scored 54% on assertive, I agree that this term I have been striving to manage my stress better.  Throughout the term I’ve been briefly flipping through Dale Carnegie’s How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.  While the results of my test say I’m assertive, I do not think I’m assertive to the degree that I do not strive to improve.  I also do not live with the belief that what is done is done and no further improvements can be made.  So I guess scoring almost in the middle between turbulent and assertive is an accurate measure.  

MY JOURNEY:
ESTJ-T → ESTJ-A


Winter Term

Fall Term


2 comments:

  1. The Meyers Briggs test is a poor way to ascertain character. It's notoriously inconsistent, and it fits neatly into the fact that we love categorization. I'd say that if you took it multiple times in a single day you'd probably get different results each time.

    ReplyDelete