Saturday, March 24, 2018

Campus is different every term


I just began my third term at Andover.  It seems that every time I return back to campus from break, it’s different.  

What struck me most this term was how much longer the days are.  Before I left for spring break, it used to get dark at 5:30.  Upon returning, the days don’t get dark until almost 7 PM.  

When I left for break, there was no snow on the ground.  However, when I returned, there was a snow on the ground even though it was the first day of spring.  While snow makes me a little bit gloomy sometimes, the longer days are making helping me get past the snow.  

People have new haircuts/styles!  That’s the beauty of going to boarding school: there is virtually no time (or convenient location) to get a haircut.  Over a two week break, people find the time to get their hair cut.  Sometimes people will change their hairstyle dramatically, and others choose to get just a cut.  Regardless, people come back a little different.

I have a different energy at the beginning of each term.  I come back with a different energy every term.  In the winter term, I was excited about my new art class and I came back with eagerness.  This term, I came back with a hardcore motivational energy.   I don’t know what’s motivating me.  In my head, I may have constructed some sort of idea/mental reward. I can’t identify what’s motivating me, but something is keeping me up doing my work to close perfection.  

Every term is very different from the last.  I have four new teachers (yes, 4/6 teachers are new this term), and I have met some new people through these new classes.  I guess that’s what makes Andover such an interesting journey: it’s always changing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment