Sunday, February 25, 2018

The possibilities are limitless


One of the things about Andover is that the limits are endless…and it stays that way. 

Coming to Andover, I planned on joining the newspaper, join a business club, practice piano, and play sports.  While I have done what I’d planned on doing, I’ve found there is so much more to do.  In fact, I’m far from content with what I could do.  Yes, I’ve started a business club, but I’m trying to find ways to expand it.  Yes, I write for the Commentary section of the Phillipian.  But I’d also like to start writing for News in the Spring, and perhaps start Phillipian photo next fall.  I’m also beginning to engage in some affinity groups.  There are so many things to join and try. 

The upperclassmen tell me to try as many things as possible as a freshman, since my homework is still at a manageable level.  This way, I can find what I’m truly interested in my later years, and focus in on those.  What’s really wonderful is how willing people are to help new members get involved in a club or an organization.  For me, I emailed the editor of the News section and she immediately offered to help me get involved in the spring. It occurred to me early today that this is partially what makes the possibilities limitless.  It’s the inclusiveness of the school on a whole.  

No comments:

Post a Comment