Friday, February 16, 2018

Anyway and Homo Deus

My advisor sent me this quote earlier this week.  I had heard of this quote during middle school, but I'd forgotten about it over the years.  It was very relevant during this past week and kept me motivated, sane, and forgiving of myself.



This second quote I found on the walls of the library.  I found it to be astonishing true.  At a first glance, I saw it as a blur of random ideas strung together with big words.  Then I stopped to deeply consider the quote. I believe it means that we define "success" and "satisfaction" as meeting the goals we hope to meet, or essentially reaching the bar we've set for ourselves.  However, this quote also says that as we continue to reach bars and meet expectations, the bars and expectations are raised higher and higher.  This is when people are forced to stretch.  Going along with how I've interpreted this quote, I would think that I've been stretching a lot these past few weeks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment