Saturday, November 18, 2017

Personality test after every term

I’m a big fanatic in personality differences.  I’m intrigued by the power of personalities in shaping the decisions one makes everyday.  Last year, my friends introduced me to the famous Myer-Briggs personalities test.  There are 16 possible personalities as 4 characteristics are evaluated.  

My friends showed me a website called 16 Personalities, which is the same evaluation as the Myer-Briggs method.  You take a 100 question test and based on your answers you are given percentages for the following 10 characteristics.

Introversion/Extraversion (I/E): Introverts are recharged by spending time alone.  Extraverts gain energy from other people.
Observant/Intuitive (S/N): Intuitive people are visionary and tend to think outside the box.  Often, they are the most creative ones in the room.  Observant people tend to be more drawn towards practicality and they focus on facts and observation.
Thinking/Feeling (T/F): Feeling people are emotionally driven, while Thinking people are driven more by logic. Feeling people also tend to be more empathetic while Thinking people often see being efficient and rational as more important.
Judging/Prospecting (J/P): Prospecting people are the improvisers.  They like to think on the spot and are extremely adaptable.  Judging people are highly organized, and like to create clear plans.  
A final characteristic describes identity which is on a scale of Assertiveness/Turbulence.  Assertive people are self-confident, manage stress and work well under pressure.  However, this characteristic doesn’t influence the personality one gets on this test.

I’m planning on retaking this test at the end of every term to track how my personality is changing.  The test incorporates some very interesting questions that really made me question my own values and work ethic.  Last year, I was a Protagonist, which is ENFJ, meaning I was extrovertive, intuitive, feeling and judging.  This week, when I retook the quiz, I got the Executive personality which is ESTJ, meaning I am extrovertive, observant, thinking and judging.  My results suggest that I am coming more practical.  The decisions I make are influenced less by my emotions, but more by logic.  I will keep taking this test since it only takes about 10 minutes, but I learn a lot about how I work and make decisions.  More so, it’s about tracking how I’m changing from year to year.  
Screen shot of my results


1 comment:

  1. That's so cool- to be able to track how you change throughout high school. I'm a commander!

    ReplyDelete