Sunday, September 17, 2017

A respite in Time's momentum

Since coming to Phillips Academy last Tuesday, I feel that time has slowed.  I’ve only been on campus for 13 days yet it feels more like a month.  I can’t pinpoint whether this “slowed time” is a result of having a smooth transition into my lifestyle here at Andover or whether it’s because my days are a lot more packed with activities and to-dos.  


But I feel like time has slowed and I see that in a positive light.  My past two years felt like a whiz that I barely caught a glimpse of and I’m genuinely grateful for this slowing of momentum.  With the slowing of time, I feel I’m doing a lot more in a day. The time between the sunrise and sunset feels longer. Then we get down into the depths of the question, what is time and I’m lost on that. But each night, when I lie in bed and think about what I learned in class, what I did in my free time [a lot of the times it’s play tennis, hit the gym, or read] and how I maximized the day, I find myself listing a considerably longer list of small accomplishments. Today, I’ll probably be telling myself, you went on a run, finished your homework, took photos, practiced piano, played tennis, blogged, read Wall Street Journal, wrote and gave a dorm rep candidate speech, and vacuumed the room.  It feels amazing to accomplish this much in a day. I know time will increasingly feel like it’s passing by faster with each day, but for now, I couldn’t be more grateful for this respite.  

Photos I took today:




3 comments:

  1. Looks like you've found the right home! I'm so glad that it's been going so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abigail! Really missing you, my teachers and our squad at BB&N! Glad you had a [mostly] great time a Biv!

      Delete
  2. How to use your time efficiently is the key now!

    ReplyDelete