Sunday, June 11, 2017

Friendship

I’m reflecting on my time at BB&N.  I see many ways in which I’ve grown as a student, as a person and as a member of an ever-developing  society.  BB&N has taught me is the importance of asking for help and that it doesn’t mean I am incapable.  These past three years at BB&N have taught me, as my seventh grade advisor said, that it is the successful students who ask for help.   I like to think of it as not that I’m incapable, but that I care about understanding.  

As a reflect, I think about the friendships I have with my tight knit friend circle.  Today I’ve been pondering over how people make friends with each other.  It amazes me how individuals choose their friends and how they become closer.  Coming into BB&N in sixth grade, I remember knowing 3 people, all of whom I’d met at tennis camp previous summers.  But the majority of my friend group I’ve known through meeting them in classes, and somehow, my consciousness told me that this was someone I want to surround myself with.  Somehow I made that decision.  


Similar interests are an obvious reason two people may be inclined to be attracted to one another.  Similar mindsets, similar tastes, similar beliefs…similarities in general draw people together.  But I feel there’s more.  Perhaps it has to do with how we respond to each other’s needs.  Maybe it has to do with how we present ourselves on the first day of school, moreover, it’s quite scary to think that my closest friends are often times the people I sit next to on the first day of school.  Or maybe it’s intuition and gut-feelings.  I’m not certain.  But friendship is something I will surely be observing in my next four years in high school and more specifically, how I formed close friendships with the people I do.    


No comments:

Post a Comment