Friday, January 27, 2017

My Fiery but Delicate Temper

Last week, I was attempting to describe my temper in my post.


I am seldom angry. Through the power of observation, I feel that most of the emotions I experience are stress, self criticism, anxiety, and–what makes me proud to say–happiness. Anger doesn’t even cut it close to being on that list. Yet I’m human, and that’s something that I’ve struggled to grasp for a long time, which means I will be angry at points in my life. Yet when I am angry, I observe I am like fire, sputtering wildly from a flame. This is what makes my temper fiery. Being angry is not the only emotion that elicits fire in me, but hope, optimism, excitement, anxiety, and curiosity do as well. But referring back to the angry-provoking fire, when that flame dies down, I am quite forgiving, and most of the time, I end up finding fault in myself for being angry. If the flame is consistently fed oxygen, my delicate side shatters, and that’s when I find myself crying.


I suppose I seldom feel anger because I try not to let frustration get to me. When I’m frustrated, I try to see the brightness in the darkness of everything. I respect the fact that I’m being pushed, challenged and stretched. I celebrate that opportunity. I observe that my anger comes primarily from ethical and moral mistakes, such as people disrespecting me.

So my temper: fiery, but delicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment