Thursday, November 19, 2015

23

The practice of goal setting has been taught as a valuable lesson since I was young. It creates a plan for me. It can be edited. It can be exaggerated with extremely high set standards. Your goals may not succeed, but it unconsciously sets marks in life. In fact, goals will never be 100% fulfilled. However, it can guide you to being someone you want to be. Goal setting is a first draft of life. 
 
When I'm 23…

I'll be 23.
Literally.
I'll be in a highly selective university.
I'll be a writer.
I will play tennis,
run freely,
and practice my yoga routine.

I'll be JOY'S girlfriend,
well-loved,
yet beaten.
I'll have scars,
memories,
and a library
of mindful living tips,
collected from my years of childhood.

I'll be preparing
for some kind of a graduate school test. And
I'm going to be accepted
into graduate school.

But regardless of where
I wind up,
I'll always still be me.
Ava Long.









No comments:

Post a Comment