Sunday, January 5, 2020

Winter break 2019


Something’s always brewing when I head back to school. People are more lively, willing to enjoy dinner with friends, and in better moods. The break unmistakably contributes to our mental and physical restorations. 

I head back tomorrow evening. I’ve lived through two years of high school breaks, yet I’ve never felt so unready to return. I always struggled to get ample sleep, even on breaks, in the past. Yet these past two weeks, I’ve been waking up at around 10 every morning, a true first. I anticipate difficulty in waking up at my usual 6:30 time. 

This break, I’ve taken time to relax in the evenings while being productive during the days. I have been working out at Barry’s, playing tennis, and running on my own to work out. I’ve been preparing for some exams and cracking down on some summer program work. I’ve been brainstorming history paper research ideas and reading the WSJ to keep up with the corporate world. 

I watched a couple of good films over break, including The Rainmaker, Inception, and The Ring. The Ring freaked me out. In all honesty, I’ve never been much of a horror movie enthusiast, however, I didn’t know The Ring belonged to the horror genre until I was much too far into the scaredness to turn back. I had trouble sleeping after watching this film. 

Winter break evokes the feeling of homeyness. In the midst of these seasonal celebrations, I was able to spend some worthwhile time catching up with old friends. I met up with my middle school buddies as I wrote in a previous post and spent time with my old friend from elementary school. Most importantly, I was able to spend valuable time with my parents, whom I don’t get to see every day at boarding school. 

I’m not sure what to expect on campus when I return tomorrow evening. In the most positive sense, I seem to miss a lot of campus news lately and I expect the restarting of school to fly by. I’m most looking forward to catching up with my friends over dinner; I’m curious what they’ve been up to over break. A side of me also lives in denial of the end of my 10 AM mornings and peaceful evenings not spent writing papers. Regardless, I must find the willpower in me to get back on track; it’s time to return to high-power productivity.



No comments:

Post a Comment