Sunday, November 3, 2019

Things I love Lately


It’s been one of those weeks where schoolwork drowned out most of my time. I haven’t had much time to reflect on how my life has been going lately, as I’ve been scrambling to put together papers, tests, and projects. My tension and around-the-clock work schedule has finally quelled a little bit so I’m taking this time to appreciate some of the newest things I’ve tried and want to share with others. They’re small. But it’s the impacts of these small things I repeatedly refer to, which ultimately keep me going during a stressful week. 

Google Chrome’s Momentum extension
I’ve honestly seen people with this extension for a while. It displays a beautiful landscape photo, the time, a mantra, and engages viewers by posing a “Focus of the day” question. I love the photos displayed, which change every day. They’re natural, brightening, and beautiful. They leave me eager to open up my browser every day, observe the photo and reflect on my focus of the day. Sometimes I’m surprised by the bright blues of an ocean, other times I’m stunned by the golden rays of a sunset. I read the quote displayed on the bottom of the screen as well as the daily mantra each morning I open Chrome. It’s a beautiful, serene image to see before I dive into a hole of work.


the sunshine in this one is gorgeous. Yesterday, I had a picture of a cove with ocean and rock. Quite stunning too!

Barry’s Bootcamp
I attended my first class today in Boston! Advertised on social media and recommended to me through word-of-mouth by multiple friends, I felt compelled to give this workout a try. The “Red room”, as they call it, drew me in immediately. Paired with loud, upbeat music, I trusted myself to make it through the workout. 50 minutes, that’s all it was. I found the treadmill work pretty similar to my usual workout, which comprises of running. The floor work, which involved some light weights, proved the challenge. But the people next to me high-fived me and demonstrated the moves when I couldn’t understand, making my learning experience quite seamless. I somehow finished the workout on a strong note. Sweat dripping down my forehead, I rinsed off in the shower, feeling my body decompress with the heat. My body felt amazing after the workout for several hours and my mind felt alert from all the interval training. Definitely, a place I will be revisiting. 


Baguette with Butter
A small but meaningful memento of my trip to Paris this summer. Of all the foods we ate in France, baguette has been the easiest to obtain and enjoy on a regular basis. Honestly, when I sit down to enjoy some baguette with butter, I think back to those mornings this past summer, sitting in the glass-walled lounge of the hotel enjoying my breakfast with my family. I think back to the sunlight from the morning pouring through those glass-walls. My mind remembers hearing the clinking of glass cups and the tinkling sounds of silverware emanating from the tables around me, filling the lounge with a delicate jingling note. The serenity of those mornings arises when I sit down and eat some of the foods I enjoyed during those delicate moments. They’re memory now, but they keep me grounded in the notion that I have a life outside of school.
 Formaggio's stocks this awesome tasting butter imported from France! Love this with my baguette.


What’s been on your mind lately?



No comments:

Post a Comment