Sunday, October 15, 2017

Consciously take care of our planet

The weather this week caught my attention.  Last week, it was a solid 70+ degrees everyday…and it’s October.  The temperature has been slowly decreasing this week but Tuesday and Wednesday marked two very chilly days.  

Global warming is seems to be becoming a bigger issue every year.  It was unacceptably hot this year in October, with temps nearing 80 degrees.  I would usually deem that solid June weather.  

I’m trying to make environmentally conscious decisions whenever I have the option.  In my dorm, I do not eat with disposable utensils.  I have disposable plastic cups, but I reuse those as well after rinsing them.  I also allow myself only 1 paper towel for drying my hands, though in many bathrooms, hand dryers are employed instead of paper towels. When I went to the grocery store this afternoon, I brought my own bag.  

I’m honestly not sure how exactly to help the environment at boarding school.  I notice the weather changing, and the weather is almost always my first indicator that something’s going on with our planet.  It’s like how my first indicator of an oncoming cold is that I get a little tired, pale and my nose gets stuffy.  I’m busy everyday, so I suppose it’s the small, but conscious efforts that count towards slowing down global warming.  



No comments:

Post a Comment