Friday, August 25, 2017

A lot happens in three weeks

The days are perfect right now.  I don’t think I could ask for more, the sun setting earlier, the afternoons cooler, the angle of the sun lower.  This past week, I’ve noticed the weather, ever-so-slightly changing, changing to my taste.  And then, as I’m prepared for, will change dramatically to the infamous season of New England: winter.  

And it was not like this three weeks ago, or even last week.  Three weeks ago, I could go out and play tennis after dinner until probably around 8:10.  This past Monday, when I asked my Amazon Echo what time the sun would set, it replied with 7:38.  Yesterday afternoon, before I was going to take my daily walk, I questioned whether I should go since it was barely 5 PM and I was afraid it would be too hot and sunny.  Glad I went, yesterday’s 5 PM felt like a 6:30 PM of two weeks ago.  The seasons are changing, and for me, this time of year is my favorite.  I’m still on vacation, yet it’s just over one week before the opening of school, and that anxiety is keeping the last couple days of summer spry. The weather is pleasant and it’s not too sunny.  

But, as I’m prepared for, time will pass and what is “paradise” for me will metamorphosize seemingly overnight into the season I call winter, preceded by fall.  As I’m realizing, winter will bring about a new year, 2018, of which I will probably spend the first three months trying to remember to write on my homework instead of 2017.  I suppose I will have to remember it’s 2018 faster, as I’m also realizing a lot happens in three weeks and I have no time to spare.


No comments:

Post a Comment