Sunday, February 21, 2021

Where there's joy

"Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain" - Joseph Campbell

I found this little quote on the bottom of my Google Chrome Momentum extension. As my final winter term of high school comes to a close in two weeks, I'm inadvertently, entirely counter to plan, stuck at home in the midst of a global pandemic. Whereas I'm experiencing pain from not being able to see my friends, from hearing about the dire problems happening around the world, and from watching ugliness continue to unfold with policymakers play politics with people's lives, I'm finding solace listening to new podcasts and trying to discover something new every day. There are always inklings of joy to be found. For me, I'm currently seeking them through driving, learning new things, and helping students with math through a free math help account I started on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment