Sunday, October 4, 2020

Dahlias

 It's been a difficult and long week. I don't think I've felt this stressed in a while, if ever. Balancing my performance in classes with college applications is harder than I imagined. Furthermore, the fact that classes are taking more time than I anticipated has dragged my days into midnight. 

But there's always something to appreciate, even in these grueling, last couple of weeks before my earlies are due and today, I found that bit of light at Whole Foods. By luck, the moment my mom and I walked through the door, a FiveFork Farms truck pulled up with a fresh batch of dahlias in the most watercolor-esque blends. I love flowers but I rarely buy fresh-cut ones. I dislike when a part of me almost withers with the flowers near the end of their cycle. Nonetheless, these flowers were too good to pass on. Dahlias in the most perfect, spherical shapes of the purples and pinks that I love. I hope they bring a little brilliance to your day too. 





No comments:

Post a Comment