Friday, May 19, 2017

Why do the years just keep passing faster?

Why do the years just keep passing faster and faster?  It confuses me.  In my eyes, the world just keeps moving faster and faster, ceaselessly spinning…ceaselessly progressing.  Me, possibly chasing it and struggling to keep up.  

It seems as if eighth grade started not long ago and before I’ve even realized it, summer vacation is merely 2 weeks away.  Yet so much has happened.  I’m panicking over finals, which I remember, this month of last year, freaking out about.  And it is encroaching upon me faster than I realized as an eighth grader.  

I just watched the Pirates of the Caribbean trailer.  I remember being obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean in sixth grade.  That was in 2014.  After watching all four of the previous films, I desperately researched when the fifth sequel would be released.  I remember being 11 years old, seeing release date 2017 back in 2014 and thinking that year will never come! It’s such a long time from now!  I remember complaining to my dad why the film couldn’t come out next year.  He told me films take years to make.  No longer do I feel that 2017 is far away.  It came faster than I’d anticipated.  So fast that Pirates of the Caribbean came out.

I still remember sixth grade as if it were yesterday.  In fact, my memories seem to be clearest after sixth grade.  I still remember what happened fifth grade.  I remember mostly what I saw, but not what I felt.  My memories are a bit more detached from fifth grade or younger. I don’t remember feelings, emotions and states of minds as I do starting in sixth grade.  I suppose I can credit my better sense of self which really began developing in sixth grade for my remembrance of feelings.  Now, when I reflect on an event, I don’t view it with as much detachment.  I remember my feelings, the wild thoughts that were running through me, and of course, what I was seeing.  

It’s crazy how quickly life is moving.  Before I know it, high school will be over. Why do the years just keep passing faster?  


No comments:

Post a Comment