Friday, April 21, 2017

Priceless

I’ve just come home from Science “Knight” [our school mascot is a knight] at school, which is a night of exploring different topics in science.  This year, since we’ve been studying chemistry, all the research topics chosen had to somehow relate back to chemistry.  This was my first time at a science fair.  In retrospect, sitting at my computer right now, I feel very fortunate to have an education that values both learning in the classroom, but that also supports exploring one’s own interests.  

That lead me to think about things that are priceless.  Yes, a private school education costs money but, if taken advantage of properly, can’t have a price tag.  I believe education is so precious since, like knowledge, it is abstract and can only be expressed through the power of expression.  I decided to brainstorm a list of things that I genuinely appreciate and that are priceless to me.

  • Education
  • Family
  • Technology
  • Health
  • Friends
  • Emotions
  • Sports
  • Love
  • Leadership/Influence

I’d like to pause and thank my parents for having provided me with many things on this list.  They are the reason why I’m here today, as myself. I can't image who'd I'd be without them constantly cheering me on.

I’d like to appreciate all the people closest to me, my friends, teachers and other supporters who have provided me with a sense of being appreciated for being myself.

Departing question: What are you grateful for that can be both priceless or just something you appreciate?


No comments:

Post a Comment