Friday, March 10, 2017

This is to have succeeded!



These past few months of eighth grade have been busy.  I've been looking out at different high school options.  Today is March 10.  Today is also the day when we get the results.  

This morning, I awoke with mixed emotions to the results of one school I applied to.  Apparently, the result was quite evident at school, as my friends and teachers were concerned about my countenance.  
At my free block, I decided I needed some inspiration to push me onwards.  As many people know, pacing is one way I calm myself down [I'm a kinesthetic learner and thinker], when I found this poster in the arts building by the front door.  I share it today, remembering that this is really success.  In case the picture isn't clear, it says, 

"To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better…to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!" ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment